Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Music, I suppose.

     Music is something everybody seems to be into. Lately, I haven't been into music as much as I used to be.  It seems to no longer interest me.  Although I still do listen to music, mainly just to fill up time and silence.  I've tried to learn a few instruments in the past, but I wasn't successful with any of them.  I think mostly because I honestly don't have any devotion towards learning them.  Most of my friends seem to either be in the school band, or a band of their own.  Which, frankly, I'm quite jealous of. I wish I had even a fraction of the talent they have.
    I enjoy songs that I can relate to, even if they're not the happiest of songs.  Sometimes when I'm at a loss for words, a song knows just what to say.  It can be quite difficult to express your feelings at times.  It's nice when lyrics give you a sense of belonging. You're not the only one in the world.  
    A song that strangely describes pretty on spot the way I've felt for some time lately is, My Heart Will Find Rest, by Chase Coy.


Lyrics -
Chase Coy
Everything is different now,
Why are you so distant now ?
Everything has changed
Yeah, nothing is the same
Since the day you went away
Nothing feels at all okay with me

Don't you ever miss the Midwest sunrise,
The view of the stars and the full moon at night ?
'Cause ever since you left,
There's been an open hole in my chest
Yeah, you left this boy such a mess (girl in my case)
But, I'm hoping that my heart will find some rest tonight

I'll try to explain exactly why
I've been crying all the time
Since you walked out of my life

Everything is different now,

Why are you so distant now ?




These are some artist I enjoy. They're quite delicious. 
Andrew Vanwyngarden from MGMT


Gabe Saporta from Cobra Starship
Julian Casablancas from The Strokes


As for Cobra Starship, I don't enjoy them much, but I do enjoy some Gabe Saporta.






- I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.





No comments:

Post a Comment